Finally!

Sunday, November 30, 2008



Yes. Yes. YES!!!

This is my fourth year of joining NaNoWriMo, and this is the only year that I've won! Wooooo! I am over the roof! I am over the top! I DID IT!!!

Needless to say, I couldn't have done it alone without the help of the PinoyWrimos and the useful tips I picked up from the wonderful people there. My thanks to you all! Winning this year is definitely the best there is!

Prior to the word count validation, I encountered what seemed to be the biggest, most stupid mistake ever. Right when I was combining all the chapters into one master documents, I realized that there were some parts of the novel that went missing. Then I realized that I must've left some of the documents at my PC at work, which means that the flash drive that I've always considered to be the master container for the entire novel was actually incomplete. And that means that the word count that I validated up the the NaNo website is not the complete word count at all. *headdesk*

It's a good thing that some of the parts still make up for the 50k mark, so I was still able to get that purple bar, and that shiny web banner badge. And yes, I am still in shock.

On another note, my novel is still incomplete. When I hit the 50k cut, I was still in the middle of writing the conflict part of the story (which is turning blah every time I check up on it), and I still have to finish the resolution/ending part. So in essence, I'm still not done with the writing. I feel as if my work is half baked. Hahaha!

I think I'm going to give myself the time off my novel for next week. I want to look at the storyl with new eyes the next time I open MS Word. By then, I hope I already have a good ending for it.

I'm just glad it's over. Time to get back to real life and responsibilities. Hehehe.

P.S.: If ever I'm joining next year, I swear to God I'm writing a different genre and I'm really going to prepare for it.

2 comments:

Tina said...

WOHOO CONGRATS! I knew you could do it. :) Haha next year I am trying a new genre too, complete with character profiles and chapter outlines. But first, TGIO! :D Wohoooo!

Kat said...

Congratulations mare! Haha, I can't wait to read your story, finished man or not.

 
The Caffeinated Writings - by Templates para novo blogger