Daily Word Wars?

Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm beginning to think that I'll be needing daily doses of Word Wars.

I just joined yet another Word War with my fellow PinoyWrimos. It's unofficial by the way, but I've got to admit that the pressure is doing good for me to go beyond the usyal 1,667 daily word quotas. If it weren't for the Word Wars, I'd probably be stuck on page 2 with less than a thousand words by now.

I can always wage personal word wars by myself, but I guess the thrill of competing pushes me beyond my limits (that and constant repeats of Britney Spear's Womanizer single on my iPod). Blame it on the fact that it's a weekend too and I have a lot of time to work on my novel. It kinda makes me wonder if I can still carry on once work begins again next week.

For now, I'm thrilled that my word count's easing up. 4,252 words FTW!

2 comments:

Tina said...

You know what could be more fun? Waging word wars on Wrimos from other regions. :P I'd like to try that when the NaNoWriMo boards speed up. :D

Presea said...

Hey Tina!

I'm actually inclined to join the regional Word Wars of other Wrimos as I've been getting a lot of those in LJ. I might give it a shot once I figure out their timezones and adjust to it.

I hope they use Y!M too. XD

 
The Caffeinated Writings - by Templates para novo blogger